Double Chess for Palm OS® handhelds
New version 3.1
The latest version of Double Chess (v3.1) adds the option of playing a medieval chess variant. The medieval variant is known as the English or French Long Assize. The new rules for the medieval variant are available. You can also download a new demo.
- Have fun playing a quick game
- Improve your chess skills over time
- Play it when you have time on your hands
Have fun playing a quick game
It is easy to play a quick game of either regular or double chess. The software has a natural interface which you are used to from the Palm OS® handheldsthat makes it easy to learn and easy to use. The software never comes between you and your game.
Improve your chess skills over time
We can all improve our chess by playing more. Playing in regular chess mode lets you work on your over-the-board chess skills. Playing in double chess mode gives you another perspective on regular chess. Both types of play improve when you play against the computerit doesn't let you get away with the easy stuff.
Play it when you have time on your hands
We all spend time waiting. That's one of the reasons why we like Palm OS® handheldsthat time can be spent doing something. With Double Chess for Palm OS® handhelds, you can use that time to relax and work on your chess game.
- Play an infrared game against another person
- Undo / redo moves all the way back to the beginning of a game
- On-screen notation of the game
- Sound effects
- 2D pieces and board for ease of use on the small screen
- Natural interface
- Single board (regular chess) and double board both supported
- Time controls: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, or 60 minutes per side for game
- Human-human or human-computer play
- Switch colors
- Five board colors on color devices (two on grayscale devices)
- Three sets of pieces in both single and double board modes
- 40 levels of difficulty
- Computer can play two or three sides in a double-board game
- Source included
- Palm OS® platform v3.0 or later
- 2 MB of RAM; 8 MB of RAM preferred
Download a free demo. The demo allows you to play up to 5 games to try out the program.
Buy Double Chess for Palm OS® handhelds at palmgear.com for only $15.00
Designed and programmed by Scott MacHaffie
Last updated: April 15, 2004
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.