Double Chess for Windows v1.3
New version 1.3
We have improved the playing strength in double-board (bughouse) mode, and we have added a new 2D board! The 3D view is still available as well.
Note that this version is stronger than the PalmOS version.
- Have fun playing a quick game
- Improve your chess skills over time
- Play it when you want a break
Have fun playing a quick game
It is easy to play a quick game of either regular or double chess. The software has a natural interface which makes it easy to learn and easy to use. The software never comes between you and your game.
Improve your chess skills over time
We can all improve our chess by playing more. Playing in regular chess mode lets you work on your over-the-board chess skills. Playing in double chess mode gives you another perspective on regular chess. Both types of play improve when you play against the computerit doesn't let you get away with the easy stuff.
Play it when you want a break
The software is designed so that you can play a quick game and then get back to whatever you were doing. We all need a break from time to timethis is a great way to have fun and sharpen your mind at the same time.
- 3D pieces and board
- Natural interface
- Small executable size for fast loading
- Single board (regular chess) and double board both supported
- Time controls: 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, 60, 90, and 120 minutes per side for game
- Two levels of computer play (high and low)
- Human-human or human-computer play
- View games move-by-move
- Switch colors
- Source included
- Windows 95 or Windows 98
- OpenGL-compatible video card
- 1 MB of disk space
Buy Double Chess for Windows now at RegNow.com for only $30.00
Designed and programmed by Scott MacHaffie
Last updated: May 8, 2001
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.